Avanafil is considered to be the fifth drug intended for the treatment of erectile dysfunction issues in men. Erectile dysfunction may be a small matter for some people, but for those who truly suffer from it, avanafil may help them overcome this problem.
How Does Avanafil Work?
Very much like the popular Viagra (sildenafil), avanafil is a phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitor (PDE5), which helps in encouraging blood flow onto the penis, resulting to a successful penile erection. Three clinical tests so far have concluded that avanafil indeed does work in bringing back erectile function in men.
Just like the other PDE5 inhibitors, avanafil must only be taken by mouth prior to undergoing sexual intercourse. In the three studies that were done so far indicate that one may only need 15 minutes in order to see desirable results. It sure is even better than Viagra, which takes a full 30 minutes before it shows any results.
Benefits of Avanafil
- It works pretty much the same way as Viagra.
- The three trials conducted on the medication indicate that avanafil works twice as fast as Viagra.
- Unlike Viagra, avanafil can be a safer alternative for men who are taking heart medications.
Drawbacks of Avanafil
- Some patients in the studies reported of side effects including back pain, headache and nasal congestion.
- Avanafil is not to be used together with any nitrate medication such as nitroglycerin, isosorbide mononitrate, isosorbide dinitrate, or recreational drugs such as amyl nitrate or amyl nitrite. If you do so, you will end up with a seriously lowered blood pressure (hypotension).
How to Take Avanafil Correctly
Follow the dosage as prescribed by your physician. Never take in smaller or bigger amounts or for longer than recommended. If in doubt, follow the directions indicated on the prescription label.
In order to ensure that you get the best results and secure your health, your physician may occasionally change your dosage.
Avanafil can be taken with or without any food. It is advised to be taken only when it is needed, at about 30 minutes prior to engaging in sexual contact. Never forget to follow the instructions laid out by your physician. Also, just like any other medication, store the avanafil at room temperature, away from direct light, moisture and heat.
Avanafil helps in achieving erection, but it still needs sexual stimulation to fully work. An erection will not take place just by taking avanafil.
No matter what happens, do not take the avanafil for more than once per day. Wait for a full 24 hours to go by before taking the next one. If you experience an erection that is painful or if you have an erection for 4 hours or more, you must contact your physician immediately and seek emergency medical attention because prolonged erections can cause serious injury to the penis.
Avanafil is not made to protect you from sexually transmitted diseases such as HIV and AIDS. Therefore, the only way to protect yourself against STDs is by using a condom.
What Must be Avoided while Taking Avanafil
- Alcoholic drinks can significantly increase some of the side effects of avanafil. Thus, avoid drinking over 3 alcoholic beverages while you are on avanafil. Better yet, never drink any alcoholic drinks at all.
- Grapefruit and grapefruit juice has been reported to be causing dangerous side effects when taking alongside avanafil. Therefore, avoid drinking anything with grapefruit in it if you are taking avanafil.
- Avanafil must never be taken alongside other PDE5 inhibitors such as tadalafil (Cialis), sildenafil (Viagra), or vardenafil (Levitra) as it will only cause more harm than good.